Whats the best thing we really wish to do on a day when chilly winds break through the window and just cut through us. Well I need either a cup of Tea (my special Adrak ki Chai) or a bowl of soup. Of course with Onion and Aloo Pakoras. Today I have thought of making a soup for kids. Not that we can’t have it as adults. Anyone who likes a sweet taste in soup would relish it. Since its a tough task to make kids eat, the easiest choice for mothers is to make it sweet and generally its been observed that kids have high acceptance rate for foods that taste sweet. Now for theses mothers, its a quick and healthy recipe as we don’t need to add any artificial sweetener. In winters, we have naturally juicy and sweet carrots. I have used apples also in this recipe which makes it a perfect choice for the kids. Also the pumpkin I have used is really tender and the one with green skin. If you get the other pumpkin (which is with orange skin), thats also fine to use. You can skip apple if you don’t like it sweet and replace it with Potato. Also I have added fresh curd (Dahi) for enhancing digestion and adding little bit of tangy flavour. All these added with Desi Ghee makes an ideal snack for evening. Rich in Fibre and Vit A, carrots are a good choice to eat raw or in soups. Pumpkin is packed with rich nutrients and it boosts immunity. Also people who are on a weight-loss programme, shall include Pumpkin in their diet as it being full of fibre helps in losing weight. Apple rich in fibre and vitamins help control diabetes and blood pressure.
When you try this recipe, do share your experience with me.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 0.5 cup Apple sliced
- 1.5 cups Pumpkin (SitaPhal) chopped
- 1.5 cups `Carrot Sliced
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee
- pinch Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp Jeera(Cumin)
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Dahi (Curd)
- Wash all the vegetables under running water and chop them as directed.
- Take a pressure Cooker and Add desi ghee. When its hot, add Hing and Jeera to it. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add washed and chopped veggies to it. Give one whistle on full and simmer for 5 min.
- When it cools off, all the veggies would be well cooked.
- Add it to blender and blend it in a smooth paste. Since all veggies are soft, you can also use hand blender.
- Since all veggies are soft, you can also use hand blender.
- Add Fresh Dahi (Curd) to it. Add Salt, Black Pepper and Water. You can add more water if you want thin consistency. Boil it for 3 min and simmer for 2 min.
- Carrot Pumpkin Soup is ready!! You can have it with your choice of breads. Enjoy it.
If Sweet taste is not appreciated, you can add Red Chilli tempering (Tadka) and skip Apples. Also you can add Lemon Juice to make it more tangy. Happy Cooking.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.6g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6.8g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Really look delicious
Thanks for the kind words.
Sounds interesting. Will try without apple.
Thanks Pinky for kind words. Yeah you can skip Apple. Thats added to make it appealing to kids.