Tomato Soup with a blend of garlic, carrot, bay leaf in a simple home made way. It can be served with garlic bread or bread toasted to make it a healthy evening meal. This recipe has a special place in my heart as this is the first soup tried by me and credits to Dassana (https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/carrot-tomato-soup/) for making such simple presentation and giving quick tips for the beginners. The best part being my family simply enjoyed it and I enjoyed not just the soup but also the praises. That day changed me as I found an innovative learner in me with the craving to try new recipes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Wash all vegetables under running water(Tap).
- Chop all the vegetables in large dices. Add all the veggies (carrot, tomatoes, beetroot) along with garlic and bay leaf in a pressure cooker. Add salt and water to dip veggies 0.5 inch deep.
- Give it two whistles on full flame and simmer for five min.
- Once it cools down, take out bay leaf. Blend the ingredients with hand blender or in a jar.
- Sieve the ingredients back to cooker or a pan with lid.
- Add bay leaf and Boil it for one min and add black pepper. You can add more water here as per the desired consistency.
- The Tomato Soup is ready...Serve it hot with garlic bread.
YouTube Link to Video of Tomato Soup Recipe
If you want to add ghee, add it in a pressure cooker. Add garlic and bay leaf. Simmer the gas and saute it. You will get aroma of both and can cook for one min (till the raw aroma subsides).
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.4g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 4.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Leave a Reply