Today morning, I was wondering what evening snack we shall have..Generally we are not so exotic eaters. Standard breakfast is stuffed parantha or besan cheela or utthapam and lunch is some good vegetable with dahi, chapati and salad. Evening is the time when we crave for a good healthy snack. Chai (Tea) is our best friend but sometimes we need change too. So with thoughts pouring in my mind I decided to make Mushroom Soup. Its not so tough recipe as my sister-in-law told me other day. Arranging things was also not a hassle as day before yesterday I had purchased fresh pack of mushrooms. Mushroom is basically an edible fungi rich in Vit D, fibre and protein. It has antioxidant elements which increases the immunity of body and for weight-checkers, its low in calorie. So I made this simple and tasty recipe and had a great evening. So over the bowl of soup, me and sister-in-law discussed about the mushroom soup.
Hope you like it too!!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Wash all the vegetables under tap. Finely Chop onions and garlic.
- Add ghee in a pan and add bayleaf to it. Saute it for half a min.
- Now add chopped onions and garlic.
- Saute them on simmer for a minute. Pls dont overcook them as that affects the flavour and appearance of the soup.
- Now add chopped mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 min on simmer.
- Mushroom will shrink in the process of cooking and will leave water. Its a normal process.
- Once they leave most of the water, take out half of them in a bowl. These will be added later.
- Now add Wheat flour in the pan. Saute on simmer for a min.
- Add milk and Blend it with hand blender.
- It will have creamy and chunky consistency. Then boil it. Simmer and cook for two min. If you wish you can add water/milk as per the consistency required.
- Add the mushrooms which we had kept earlier. Add Salt and Black Pepper as per taste and cook for a min.
- The Cream of mushroom soup is ready..Enjoy!!
If you wish to use full cream milk, you can add that it would be more creamy and naturally the calories will increase too. Also some people like less mushroom and more of plain soup so you can reduce the quantity of mushroom by half (rest being the same) .
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.9g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 4.8g|
|Vitamin D 126mcg||632%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Leave a Reply