Tomato soup has always been my favourite. Its loved by all in family too. Infact, the only soup I could make when I was new to the culinary world was Tomato Soup. No wonder that it tastes good be it with cream or without. When my daughter was young, she was a tough eater and I had to try different recipes to make her eat. One time we all were having dinner in a restaurant on occasion of my sister-in-law’s Birthday. We ordered Cream of Tomato Soup. I was sure that she will not like it so I planned to share with her. We all were surprised when she not just liked it but it became her breakfast meal for a month or so. I knew that I would make one thing for sure and it was tomato soup. Since then, in my kitchen several experiments on varied versions of tomato soups were tried. This one is similar to what we generally get in restaurants. Talking about the benefits of tomatoes, these are rich in potassium and vit A, B, definitely good for people with high BP and cholesterol levels and its best to consume tomatoes in cooked form. This tomato soup is rich in fresh cream used from cow’s milk. So I prefer having this high- calorie soup in morning. I have boiled tomatoes and then roasted the tomato gravy in ghee and the roasting step added a nice tangy flavour to it.
Hope you enjoy it!!.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 4 or 5 medium Tomatoes
- 1 small `Carrot
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 1 small Bayleaf
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 0.5 cup cow's milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Water
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- Wash Tomatoes, garlic, carrot and cashews under running water.
- Take a pressure cooker and put all vegetables in it with a bayleaf and add water so that all veggies are 0.5 inch dipped in water.
- Boil it for one full whistle and simmer for five minutes. Once it cools off, open the lid.
- Separate the bayleaf and additional water.
- Grind the boiled veggies with hand blender or in grinder but make sure that the veggies have cooled off.
- After grinding, the paste should be smooth and not lumpy.
- We can take ghee and add bay leaf and then the grinded paste with the water that we had separated. Roast it for 3 min on full. Add additional water here. Boil the mixture for one min on full.
- Add cow's milk and fresh cream to it.
- Add Salt and black pepper. Boil it for five min on simmer. The Roasted Tomato Soup is ready.
You can add more vegetables like Beetroot, Amla. Also for people with high BP, they can skip adding cream and rather just add skimmed milk for a similar taste and flavour.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.7g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||9%|
|Total Sugars 7.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Leave a Reply