Having snacks with chutney is an experience of its own. Sometimes we end up buying an extra pouch of Chutney/ Sauce to save it for later. Homemade chutney has its own great taste and I always love to have these chutneys with Onion or Aloo Pakoras, Bread Pakoras or any other snacks. In winters we get fresh and aromatic Dhaniya leaves and it becomes tough to resist it. I remember when we were kids, our parents used to have these chutneys with chapati and dal. At that time, I used to wonder why with dals?? And now over years, we as a small family are done with a bowl of chutney in two meals only. Sometimes at one go if my husband requests for a Tiranga Sandwich. This I learnt from my sister-in-law. I would be uploading its recipe very soon. Its basically bread sandwich (3 pieces) with three different colors: one butter, one Tomato chutney/sauce and one green chutney. This small snack is not just healthy but scrumptious too.
This is a simple and quick recipe of Dhaniya (Coriander Leaves) Chutney. You can add Pudina (Mint) leaves as well. I have added onion, green chillies and Garlic. Those who dont eat onion and garlic can skip them and add ginger. I have made it tangy and spicy. you can make it less spicy by reducing chillies.
So I am going to have a Tiranga sandwich today and may be Bread Pakora tommorrow with this Green chutney. What are your plans??
Hope you have great snack time with this delicious green chutney.!! Remember to share your experience with me.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||0 min|
|Passive Time||5 min|
- 2-3 cups Dhaniya(coriander) Fresh Leaves
- 1 small Onion
- 2 small Green Chillies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Jeera(Cumin)
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- Take the Dhaniya Leaves and clean them properly. Remove yellow or old leaves. Just filter out the fresh leaves. Wash under running water in sieve.
- Take onion and chop in large chunks. take green chillies and wash under tap.
- Take a Chutney jar for grinding it. Add freshly washed Dhaniya leaves to it. Press it with thick spoon so that more leaves can be added.
- Add Onion, Garlic, Green Chillies and all spices at the top of Dhaniya leaves. Add a little bit of water for making a thick paste. You can pulse it for 2 min. Add water as needed.
- The Dhaniya Chutney is ready. Serve your snacks with it. Enjoy!!
There are various ingredients that can be added to this Chutney. You can add 1 tablespoon of Curd to it. It tastes awesome with that. You can also experiment with Amchur Powder in large quantity to make it more tangy.
|Serving size: bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.2g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8%|
|Total Sugars 3.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Leave a Reply