The combination of Lemon and Coriander with veggies is perfect source of vitamin C made in a simple way. Be it winter morning or a rainy day, the aroma of this soup makes the weather nicer and even a rough day with cold or flu gets better with it. A friend of mine (Manya) suggested to add this to my bundle of soups as its her favourite and after googling up I came with my own version of this soup. The best part is the vegetable stock which is made using fresh veggies and NO corn flour or maida is added for the thickness. The great consistency of soup comes from the stock itself. Its good for all age types and people aiming for immunity booster or weight loss have this as a wonderful choice to add to their in-between meals.
Can I store Vegetable Stock ?
I prefer to make fresh vegetable stock but I understand the work pressures of a working mom. You may preserve it for a day or two max. If you live in peak winter conditions, then for 3-4 days, this stock can be preserved.
Can it be Vegan?
Yes, this soup is easily convertible to a vegan recipe. I have used all vegetables here and the only thing used which is not vegan is desi ghee. You may substitute it with ay other oil of your choice like coconut oil, almond oil.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
|Passive Time||5 min|
- 0.5 medium Onion
- 1 small `Carrot
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 small Bayleaf
- 1 tsp Ghee optional
- 2 cups Water
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
Lemon Coriander Soup
- Wash all vegetables under tap. Chop all the vegetables in large chunks.
- Add these veggies with Bayleaf to Pressure Cooker and cook for 2 whistles and simmer for 5 min.
- Open once it cools off, Sieve it and pour the fresh vegetable stock in container.
- The vegetable stock looks like
- Chop all the vegetables in very small pieces.(for Soup veggies are: Onion, Carrot, Garlic)
- Heat Ghee in an Open Pan with lid. Add bayleaf and garlic. Simmer the gas and saute it. You will get aroma of bayleaf and garlic and can cook for one min (till the raw aroma subsides)
- Add Onion and carrot and saute for a min. You can add 1 tsp salt here. It helps in making carrot softer and onion doesnt get burnt as well.
- Add the fresh vegetable stock along with finely chopped coriander leaves that we had made. Boil it once and then add water as per the desired consistency. Cover it with lid and simmer for 5 min.
- Add more salt, Lemon Juice and Black Pepper and serve it hot with breads.
If someone already has a vegetable stock, you can use it. However, I prefer using the fresh ones.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7%|
|Total Sugars 1.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Leave a Reply