Pumpkin Radish Soup with a blend of Amla, Ambi(Kacche Aam) and bay leaf in a simple home made way. It can be served with garlic bread or bread toasted to make it a healthy evening meal. This is a quick and simple recipe and the combination of pumpkin and radish is Superb not just in taste but also for people looking for a Low-calorie food item. Both have loads of fibre and are packed with nutrients like Vitamin A, C. They aid in weight-loss too. Radish helps in lowering cholesterol. Ambi is added for the tangy flavour. Its available in summers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
|Passive Time||5 min|
- 1.5 cup Pumpkin
- 1 medium Radish
- 1 small Amla
- 0.25 cup Ambi (Raw Mango)
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee optional
- 1 small Bayleaf
- 3 cups Water
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- Wash all the veggies under Tap.
- Chop all the vegetables in large dices. Heat Ghee in a pressure cooker. (This is optional step and I have skipped this) Add bayleaf. Simmer the gas and saute it. You will get aroma of bayleaf and can cook for one min (till the raw aroma subsides)Add all the chopped vegtables (pumpkin, radish, amla and ambi). Add Water. Add Salt to taste.
- Give it two whistles on full flame and simmer for five min. Once it cools down, take out bay leaf.
- Blend the ingredients with hand blender or in a jar.
- Sieve it in a pan. Add bayleaf.
- Boil it for three min (add more water as per the consistency you want). Add Black Pepper.
- The pumpkin soup is ready.. serve it hot with breads !!
We can add garlic and onion but I feel that adding onion and garlic in every recipe makes it redundant and moreover some veggies taste better without them else we cant appreciate the original taste of those veggies.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 4.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Leave a Reply