This winters I had made one of the kid’s favourite Noodle Soup. I have seen a special affinity of kids towards Maggi Noodles. Even after crossing the age of “being called kids”, I think I still love the taste of classic maggi. This is true for most of us. When we simply don’t feel like eating chapatis or paranthas, and for the little craving in between meals, I generally make maggi. This is specially for the eldest kid in family, my husband who is really supportive when it comes to cooking. He says that he will manage with Maggi if dinner has Khichdi.
Coming to the recipe, its quickest and simplest. Not many ingredients are required. We can use vegetables of the season and simply cook them crunchy (generally in this soup crunchy ones tastes better). You can cook them longer if you dont prefer crunchy taste. This is my on the spot recipe which I just like that tried with all veggies my kitchen had. No extra grocery shopping, no extra masalas. Simple and Tasty. When you try it, share your experience with me.
Hope you enjoy it!!.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 medium capsicum sliced
- 1 small `Carrot sliced
- 0.5 cup spring onions chopped
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee
- 1 pack Veg Atta Noodles Maggi or any other
- 4 cups Water
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Take a pack of Veg Atta Noodles of Maggi in a pan. You can use any other noodles as well.
- Add Water and Maggi Masala. Boil for 5-10 min till the noodles are softened.
- In the meantime, you can chop the vegetables.
- Take a Pan and add ghee to it. When warm, add grated Ginger garlic. Saute for a min on simmer (we dont wish to overcook it). Add spring onions. Cook till its water is evaporated.
- Add sliced veggies. You can add mushrooms, cabbage or any other vegetable of your choice.
- Add water and salt. You can add vegetable stock at this step instead of water. Adding salt and cooking while covering with lid ensures fast cooking of vegetables. I have cooked them for 10 min. Slight Crunchy taste is liked here.
- Now the noodles are cooked. You can sieve them and wash properly under running water.
- Add boiled noodles to the vegetable soup and mix well. Add Vinegar and black pepper. Boil for a min on full flame.
- The Vegetable Noodle Soup is ready. Serve it with breads of your choice. Enjoy!!
We can make it more spicy by adding red chilli chutney/sauce or green chutney/sauce . I have avoided it as kids prefer it less spicy. You can add more vegetables of your choice.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.4g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|
|Total Sugars 0.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Leave a Reply