Veggies dipped in Coconut Milk Soup with a blend of Fresh Veggies of the season in coconut milk and bay leaf in a simple home made way. It can be served with Idli or bread toasted to make it a healthy evening meal. This is a quick and simple recipe and the coconut milk aids in weight loss and aids in increasing the so-called “Good” Cholesterol. Since its a high-calorie stuff , I always prefer it in the morning.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
|Passive Time||5 min|
- 1 medium `Carrot
- half cup French Beans
- 1 medium Potato
- 1 medium Onion
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 small Bayleaf
- 1 tsp Ghee optional
- as per taste Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- Wash all the vegetables under tap.
- Chop all the vegetables in very small pieces.
- Heat Ghee in an Open Pan with lid. Add bayleaf.
- Simmer the gas and saute it. You will get aroma of bayleaf and can cook for one min (till the raw aroma subsides). Add all the chopped vegetables (Carrot, Onion, Potato and beans). Add Coconut Milk and 1 cup Water.
- Coconut milk used is of Dabur. Add Salt so that veggies are cooked easily.
- Boil it once and then simmer gas for around 20 min. cover with lid (can add 2 more cups of water as per the consistency you want, some like crunchy veggies)
- The coconut milk soup is ready...Enjoy it!!
We can add garlic but I feel that adding garlic in every recipe makes it lead the taste as its strong flavoured and I really appreciate the original taste of those veggies.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 9.1g||46%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Leave a Reply