Spaghetti is a long, thin and solid pasta made of wheat an is a staple food of Italian cuisine. Spaghetti Pasta is a simple recipe involving local vegetables, spices and sauce of your choice. I make it mild spicy as spicy food is loved by all in my family. Those who cant bear the red chilies may feel free to reduce the chillies from my recipe. I had tried spaghetti pasta first time in pesto sauce and since then I am in love with this pasta. I had posted garlic spaghetti recipe and would be soon posting the recipe of Spaghetti in Pesto. When we get bored from the routine breakfast items like paranthas, dosa and idli, we try this Italian spaghetti pasta and I must say that this one turned out to really delicious. Specially the flavour of veggies along with this pasta made it more appealing. I had used the available vegetables like onion, garlic, carrot and tomatoes. The other vegetables that may be included in this are broccoli, corn, olives, etc. I could use the one which vendor had and these days we really dont demand anything from grocery as its tough for him to procure given the lockdown situation. So whatever he has we try to buy as much as possible so that its not a loss day for him.
Talking about nutrition , it has all the nutrition of the vegetables included and spaghetti is a source of fibre and a bowl of it makes you full for longer, which means no Binge eating. Its a treat for picky eaters. We need to boil spaghetti pasta longer than the other varieties as it takes time to get tender. It takes around 15-20 min for boiling it. You may sieve it and remember to rinse it under fresh water. By the time its boiling, you may chop the veggies and start with cooking them. The flavour of olive oil is always loved in spaghetti or for that matter any other pasta as well. You may cook it in refined oil/ mustard oil and later add olive oil at the end. Its added as the pasta may get dried up and then it becomes chewy which is not preferable. I have added the italian mixed herb seasoning along with black pepper, red chilli and tomato ketchup. I had it with a cup of ginger tea.
What do you prefer to have it with?
Do share your views!!
Happy Cooking! Stay Home Stay Safe.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 0.75 pack Delmonte Spaghetti You may use any other brand as well
- 2 medium Onion
- 2 medium Tomato
- 1 large capsicum
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbal Seasoning
- 5 cups Water
- salt as per taste
- Take all the vegetables and wash them under tap. For spaghetti, the strands would be long so I had broken them in halves so that they are fully immersed in water for boiling.
- Take a large heavy bottom pan and fully dip the spaghetti in water. You may cover it for effective heating. Note to cover with id that has a hole or else the water would come out.
- In the meantime, you may chop the veggies. Onion into vertical/small, capsicum vertical slice, carrot small and tomato small/grated. Take a Kadai and heat oil in it. Once hot, add garlic and onions.
- We like crunchy veggies in pasta so overcooking of veggies may spoil the taste. Once onions are transparent, add carrot and capsicum. add little salt here and cover with lid. little salt added here helps in the cooking
- Once veggies become soft, add tomatoes.
- Now this looks almost cooked vegetables.
- You may add spices and tomato ketchup.
- Our spaghetti is boiled and we can sieve it. Pass it through fresh water.
- Add the boiled spaghetti to cooked vegetables. Add salt.
- Mix well using two large spatulas.
- The spaghetti pasta is ready. Serve it your choice of chutney and olive oil.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.1g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.9g||28%|
|Total Sugars 5.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Leave a Reply